Weleda Care Oil for Expecting Mothers. During pregnancy, mom’s body forms a protecting and nourishing shelter for the growing little child. Changes in hormone levels loosen connecting tissue to allow abdominal wall stretching. In this process, the elastic fibres of skin are stressed exceedingly. Stretch marks might be the result.
A tiny little being has found home in your inner. With the knowledge of being pregnant, you therefore start thinking for two. As cosmetic products have to fulfil special requirements in this time, Weleda care series for pregnancy and lactation - like all other care products - only contains thoroughly checked, purely natural substances which are especially compatible. In every single product, competence and experience of midwives and pharmacists can be found. All ingredients are especially tailored to meet requirements of pregnancy. Preparing for childbirth and lactation phase. Your skin tells everyone how you are feeling: sometimes it reddens, gets pale or just radiates health and harmony. Our skin is able to absorb and segregate substances and will protect us - if it is healthy - perfectly. Anything that touches the skin can act on our body, internally and externally. With fine and natural ingredients of high-quality Weleda oils, crèmes and bathing additives you care yourself beautiful and healthy. This is how you indulge your body and your soul - and your little baby with it.
Good to know that hormones make sure that your skin and its elastic fibres show higher elasticity while your baby grows. And this is not as easy as it looks. As additional moisture is only accumulated inside the tissue, skin surface often gets a little drier and starts building up tension. As soon as skin is stretched to the edge there is the possibility of stretch marks becoming visible, showing a red-violet stripe, just like a scar. Support your skin while it is showing peak performance with Weleda care oil for expecting mothers. Weleda care oil for expecting mothers protects skin, which tends to show dryness due to changed hormone levels during pregnancy. Regularly rubbed in from beginning of pregnancy until three months after childbirth, it protects from stretch marks on belly, thigh, bottom and breast. Mild almond oil, moisture-keeping jojoba oil, wheat germ oil rich of vitamin E together with an extract of arnica, enhance skin’s elasticity and tonicity. And along the way you are indulged by the gentle scent of orange blooms and roses.
Massage during and after pregnancy
Apply the oil from beginning of pregnancy until three months after childbirth twice or three-times daily.
1. Warm the oil in your hands and apply it softly with circular hand movements. As long as it feels comfortable, you can lift separate skin areas gently and roll them carefully between your fingers. If premature contractions are indicated, this kind of massage is not recommended in the belly region.
2. Rub gently upwards over the breast area and spread the oil generously. Afterwards, massage the breastbone with your fingertips in a clockwise direction.
3. Cross the arms and stimulate with circular movements activity of lymph nodes. If premature contractions are indicated, excessive stimulation of nipples should be avoided.
4. Spread the oil in circular movements over bottom and thighs. Massage with fisted hands the area between sacral bone and upper thighs with powerful up and down movements for one to two minutes. Move your hands outwards and inwards and vice versa.
If there are uncertainties in usage, trustfully ask your midwife for help.
Ingredients/INCI Weleda Care Oil for Expecting Mothers:
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*.
* from natural essential oils